ST JACQUES SCALLOPS CRUMBLE WITH A CITRONELLA SAUCE
Preparation : 15 min.Bake : 20 min.
- 100 g of Tipiak Breadcrumbs
- 60 g of flour
- 60 g of softened butter
- 1/2 onion
- 30 ml of peanut oil
- 4 teaspoons of ginger powder
- 250 ml of coconut milk
- 1 knob of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of saffron
- Salt, pepper
- 12 St Jacques scallops
- Prepare the crumble paste: mix with a fork the softened butter, Tipiak Breadcrumbs and the flour. Cook for 20 minutes in the oven to 180°C (gas mark 4). It has to be browned
- Chop the onion, cook it in a pan with 20 ml of oil but do not brown it. Add the ginger powder and the coconut milk
- Cook on a low heat for 3 to 4 minutes until the mix gets soft. If necessary you can add a little water during the cooking
- Mix the sauce with a knob of butter, saffron and turmeric. Add salt, pepper and a bit of citronella
- Brown the scallops in a pan on each side with the rest of oil and a bit of butter. Add salt and pepper
- Put in a dish or in individual glasses the ginger/coconut sauce, then the diced scallops. Cover with the crumble paste
- You can serve this dish either hot or cold.
- If you wish, you could add citronella cuttings.