Ratatouille in a terrine
- Remove the seeds from the tomatoes, and dice them.
- Peel then chop the onions and the garlic.
- Cut the peppers in two, remove the seeds and dice them.
- Rinse and dice the eggplant, the courgette without peeling.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan, add the onions and the garlic.
- Cook over low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the peppers, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the courgette, the eggplant, the tomatoes and the thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat for 30 minutes, regularly stirring.
- Add the tomato coulis.
- Prepare the Tipiak Couscous with tomatoes and provencal herbs as indicated on the pack. Allow to cool.
- For the guacamole, mash the avocados flesh until you get a puree. Incorporate the lemon juice, the tomato, and half of the diced onion. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix half of the guacamole with half of the Couscous with tomatoes and provencal herbs.
- In a terrine dish greased with butter, put half of the Couscous. Pour the ratatouille over and cover with the couscous/guacamole mix.
- Leave the terrine in your refrigerator for at least one hour before you remove it from its mould.
- Serve with the rest of the guacamole on the side.
- 125 g of tomatoes
- 50 g of onions
- 1 small garlic clove
- 150 g of peppers (of two different colours if possible)
- 120g of eggplant
- 200g of courgette
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- 200g of tomato coulis (thin puree)
- 200g of Tipiak French style Couscous
For the guacamole :
- 3 avocados
- Lemon juice
- 1 tomato
- ½ onion
Used in the recipe